Call Before You Dig - Dial 811
One free, easy call gets your utility lines marked AND helps protect you from injury and expense.
Safe Digging is No Accident: Always Call 811 at least three (3) working days before you dig!
Know what's below. Always call 811 before your dig. Visit www.call811.com for more information.
When you call 811, you will be asked a number of federally-mandated questions and given a "ticket number" by a One Call customer service representative. Please keep this original ticket number until your locate is complete.
Your ticket number:
- Lets you track your request with One Call
- Allows you to personally track your request online at www.ncocc.org
Blue Ridge Electric is now coordinating with 811 to ensure our member's safety with other facilities. Your one call to 811 tracks all underground facilities that may be present where you're digging. When you call, please be prepared to answer the 811 operator's questions, such as:
- Company telephone number (company or person requesting the location)
- Caller name
- County where work is being performed
- In or out of city limits
- Subdivision (including lot numbers if available)
- Cross-street name
- Area to locate on the job site
- Blasting (required information set forth in the Underground Utility Damage Prevention Act)
- Boring (request both the entering and existing sides of the bore)
- Near a railroad (in case fiber optic cables are in the railroad right-of-way)
- Emergency (fees may be involved)
- Work date and time
- Duration of work
- Work type
- Who work is done for
- Destroyed/unmarked lines
- Sub-contractor (if applicable)
- Site contact
|Color Codes for Marking
Underground Utility Lines
|Orange||Communications / CATV|
|Yellow||Gas / Oil / Steam|
|Pink||Temporary Survey Markings|
|Purple||Irrigation and Slurry Lines|